Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

November 21, 2009

11-21-09 Day 13 Part 2 Shannon

So I'm really stoked about this morning's run. I haven't run this route in probably over a year. It turns out that the total distance is 2.75 miles - a loop around my neighborhood with a portion of the run on part of the New York Creek Trail. It's 1 mile to the trail (street running - yuck), then the trail is 1.17 miles, then back on the streets to my house is another .56 miles. I did it in 30 minutes. This is awesome for me. The reason being is that the last 1/2 mile to my house is all up hill.

I'd have to do some serious research to find my true time, but I'm pretty confident that in the past it took me at least 40-45 minutes to do that route. Mainly because I'd have to walk most of the way home.

Today I only had to take a short (1-1.5 minutes) walk break when I came off the trail. After that I was able to run the whole way home, up hill. WOW!

Oh and the trail was absolutely beautiful this morning. No one was out there this early, not even a dog barked, so it was really quiet, with only the creek talking to me, it was awesome!

Enjoy the sunshine today!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment