Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

December 6, 2009

Weekend wrap up

This weekend flew by! Started off great with dinner at BJs with Kem, Shellie, and Pam. Pizza and beer, yum :)) Then Saturday morning ran with the group from Cavitt for 8 miles. It was freezing but I felt really strong. Stuck with Toni and Cynthia for most of the run. Then on to the expo in the afternoon to man the FTR booth with Susan B and Katy. We had a blast, laughed a ton and had lots of people stopping by, taking brochures, etc.  This morning I met a friend at 'the wall' to cheer FTRs on...



I saw Kem, Leslie and Bryan - they looked so focused. They passed too quickly for pictures :( It was really fun (but very cold) being out there and cheering everyone on. These little cuties were all bundled up with big furry hats on...just had to take their picture!



The day turned blustery cold and I really didn't want to run 5 miles. So I took a nap when I got home :( Felt guilty and Bella was bugging me, so I got bundled up and ran on the bikepath near my house, staying on the crushed granite as much as possible. Started to sprinkle, but thank God it didn't open up and rain. Very glad I got my miles in this weekend. I am so happy tomorrow is a rest day, Yoo Hoo!!




2 comments:

  1. Way to be out there in the cold Pam! Today was definitely a cold one. I was up in the mountains and got snow on my drive home. SCARY. Anyways, I'll get caught up on the blog tomorrow. Glad you got your 5 in today - woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Pam...you're so awesome. I love your sign and your spirit and support for the group says so much about the awesome woman that you are...especially standing out in the cold! And then...to have the determination to get out and run...kudos girl!

    ReplyDelete