Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

December 10, 2009

12-10-09 Day 32 Shannon

This week has been full of ups an downs for me.

Tuesday - After Monday's snow, I woke up Tuesday morning, on time, feeling good ready to hit the gym for my 2 miles and yoga. I wanted to do a nice easy 2 miles since I hadn't run since Saturday. Got out to my truck and realized I had made a big mistake. I didn't scrape off the snow from my windshield on Monday when it was nice and soft. Tuesday morning I had 4" of solid ice stuck to my windshield - AAARRRGGHH. So 20 minutes later with defroster running full blast and running into the house a couple of times for buckets of water, I was on my way to the gym.

Becuase of my 20 min fight with the ice, I no longer could put in an easy 2 miles, I had to put in a hard fast 2 miles so that I could get to yoga on time. Did it! But once again, I had to go into yoga all hot and sweaty. I'm telling you, doing downward dog when your hot and sweaty is no fun!

Wesnesday - Overslept! Didn't want to get up! Could it be because I stayed up late to watch the finale of The Biggest Loser? Ya, most definitely. Those people all look so awesome!! I am especially happy for Abby! She was the lady that had lost her family 2 years ago and now has found herself once again and she looks fabulous!

Anyways, I had great expectations of doing some upper body work and 2 miles on the treadmill. Well I ended up only having enough time for the 2 miles and some stretching afterward. ARGH!

Thursday - Once again, this morning, I overslept, although, no I did not stay up late again. I was asleep before 9p. So I don't know why I'm so tired!

I was scheduled for 4 miles today and I was dreading doing 4 miles on the treadmill. Luckily Bryan had scheduled a night run for tonight and since I don't have to work on Friday, I can go on my first night run!! Woo Hoo. Last night I went bought myself a better running light, much brighter.

So since I didn't have to get in a run this morning, thank goodness, I was going to do my upper body workout that I didn't get done yesterday and go to yoga. Well because I overslept, I didn't get my upper body workout in, and I was late getting to yoga, which I hate. I hate walking into the class when it's already in progress. But I did it! So I got in my yoga this morning and tonight will be 4 miles in the dark.

Looking forward to the race on Sunday - I need a run with Pam! It's been almost 2 weeks. I'm going through Pam withdrawal!

1 comment:

  1. good job on getting your workouts in, missy! and kudos for getting so much yoga in! I have yet to get to a class :(

    ReplyDelete