Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

December 12, 2009

Saturday

Got out for a run with Bella. Ran 2 miles on the crushed granite trail, then walked for another 1 1/2 miles. Didn't rain on me and it wasn't that cold. I did that workout "never get hurt" in the March 2009 Runners World - focuses on core and hip flexor stabilization. There is a move that looks very easy, but I could barely squeak out 2 on each side! It is a side plank, you put your feet on an 8-10 inch step and lift up your hips. It was hard as hell! So, my goal is to do this workout twice a week on days I don't strength train.  Ended with some sun salutations and now I'm starving so need to find some food :)

Update on sis: she is doing okay, she has a surgeon appt next Wednesday. I've been doing alot of research on treatment options. It is likely they will recommend radiation and she does NOT want this. But we'll see. I think she will do just about anything to lower her chances of getting this again. EVERYONE SHOULD GET A MAMMO AND DO THEIR BREAST EXAMS, NO EXCUSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment