Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

December 7, 2009

12-7-09 Day 27-29 Shannon

Crazy weekend!

Day 27 - Saturday - got up early (didn't sleep well) and headed to downtown Sacramento to the convention center to help Diane at the California International Marathon Expo handing out timing chips and bibs to relay members. What fun that was.

Having never been to the CIM expo I didn't know what to expect, so I didn't bring any money with me, but there were vendors galore there and I would've liked to have done a little shopping. But I really didn't have the time.

As soon as my shift was up, I left and headed to work to swap vehicles (needed company truck for my craft show on Sunday). Then went to the aquatic center for my scheduled 4 mile run. My legs were a bit tired from Friday's run, but I felt good and the run was nice. It was cold, but the sun was out and it was really pretty.

After that, went home for a shower. Then I had to spend my free time working on X-MAS spiders for Sunday's craft show. When Skyla (youngest daughter) showed up to do my hair for the X-MAS party, we headed up stairs. That took some time. But when she was done, my hair was sassy to go with my sassy dress :) Here's my hubby, Mark, and I before the party.

The party was a lot of fun. Got home and crawled into bed about 11p.
Day 28- Sunday - Today was a rest day - phew - as I had to get up early and get packed up for the craft show. The craft show was up in Camptonville, approximately 1.75 hrs away in the mountains. Heading up there it started to hail/snow on us about 8 miles from our destination. Nothing major, but it did worry me because if it kept up, we may not get down the hill.
Luckily, during the show, the sun busted out and the whether was beautiful. I did well at the show and we had a really good time.
Heading home, though, it started really snowing on us. After we crossed over the south fork of the Yuba river, the snow really started coming down and it stayed with us through Grass Valley. I don't like driving in the snow. I get really tense and I'm feeling it now as my body is sore! However, we made it home safe and sound.

Day 29 - Monday - Today is also a rest day - thank goodness - because we woke up to approx 4" of snow outside our door - OMG - we don't get snow in EDH!

This is our backyard. Poor little wagon! The time on my pics is off by an hour. I forgot to reset that clock I guess. LOL

This is our front yard from upstairs.
And this is the view from where I'm sitting right now because I refuse to drive to work until the snow on the road melts. I don't need the stress of driving on snow today. My body is too sore from yesterday!

So now I'll putz around the house until I feel it's safe enough to drive out of here and go to work. Tomorrow is 2 miles and yoga. Hopefully it doesn't snow again tomorrow, otherwise, I don't know what I'll do!

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment