Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

December 1, 2009

Sobering Tuesday

The start of this week has been very tough; both sisters are dealing with some new health issues. My sister Paula who is autistic (lives in Michigan) was admitted to the hospital for respiratory problems and medication complications. My sister Patty (lives in Florida) had an abnormal mammogram and has to have a biopsy. It is frustrating to be so far away. I feel helpless. Thank God my brother, Gary is near Paula. My parents are in Florida. I am in constant prayer mode right now.

Ran with Jessica this morning. She is such a loyal FTR, she shows up at my Tues runs every time. We had a great, fast (for me) 2 mile run today. Avg pace was 10:45. It was FREEZING! About 35 degrees when we started.  After that I headed home and walked Bella for about 2 miles (didn't take her running today). Spent alot of time in deep thought during this walk. Life really is precious. We gotta enjoy each day and eachother to the fullest. You just never know when it could all be taken away...

Did a wt workout followed by yoga stretch and feels good to be done with the workout for today. Tomorrow another 2 mile run on the treadmill, ugh!

2 comments:

  1. Pam
    Sorry to hear about your sisters. Luckily there are other family members near them to support and help where needed. My prayers are there for you.

    Trail running or walking the dog is awesome therapy.

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Pam. Wish I could have run with you this morning. Let me know if you need anything. I'll include you and your family in my daily loving kindness meditation.
    I found a breast lump a few months ago that scared the holy crap out of me. I truly thought I may die when my physician said it was not a cyst and very concerning!! ugh! After mammogram and ultrasound...it turned out to be a cyst...thank God! Aspiration proved it to be benign, but, it sure makes a person reflect when it could have been something serious...

    ReplyDelete