Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

February 7, 2010

Woodside 35k - Muddy, bloody and brutal

Saturday a group of us traveled down to Woodside for the Woodside 35K.


This is a beautiful trail in the redwoods with lots of climbing and incredible views. It rained all day with a few hard downpours. The mud was extensive and deep. It was a tough, tough run for me due to the mud.

I lost a few toenails along the way, but it was well worth it. It was the toughest trail run I've done to date.


Today I was not too sore but pretty tired. Slept in and then headed to Cavitt for a run. Was able to squeak out 6.8 very slow miles. There was some mud on the trail and I had PTSD every time I saw a puddle (Oh no, not more mud!)

Shannon took some pics and I will leave it up to her to post all the gory details of our epic run.

2 comments:

  1. Way cool!!! Your shoes look very much like mine from Saturday! Way to go on the run! I was thinking of all you guys doing Woodside on Saturday . . . muddy fun for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great (but tough!) run and great group to travel with. I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete