Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

February 3, 2010

Day 87/125 Shannon

I just love night running!

Last night I met Linda before Diane's bootcamp, and we put in 4 miles on the trails near Karen's Bakery in Folsom. The nice thing was that we started at 5:20p and it was still light out. It wasn't until our last mile that I had to turn on my headlamp. Linda never turned hers on, so my light was apparently enough for her.

There is just something about a night run that is so neat! I can't explain it. Perhaps it's the lack of congestion on the trails. Perhaps it's the complete stillness of the river. Or maybe it's the fact that you have to pay closer attention to your footing. Whatever it is, I'm hooked and absolutely love it!

Thanks Linda for meeting me out there for a very nice 4 mile early evening run.

This Saturday Pam and I will be participating in our first 35k (22 miles) trail race in Woodside. We have run a portion of this course before and really enjoyed it and have heard awesome stuff from others who have run the 35k portion, so this will be exciting and a new challenge for us. Since it's suppose to rain on Saturday, this will make for a very muddy and wet 22 mile run. Wish us luck!

Stay muddy!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't night running FUN!!!! I totally agree. Goodluck at Woodside this weekend!!! Should definitely be a fun wet run! hee hee We're headed up to Cool to run the 3/4 of the course or so . . . more mud I am sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read/heard that the Woodside trail is very well maintained and drains well so the mud "might" not be a big issue. I'm taking two pairs of shoes just in case though :) See you there!

    ReplyDelete