Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

February 10, 2010

Pit Stop!

Ok, so it seems all the rage is on poop with every running blog I visit lately! It seems that running and pooping have become synonymous. It's the latest water cooler chatter. It ranks right up there with talk about the new season of Survivor or the last season of Lost.

I was raised to be a little more subtle about my pooping escapades. That topic was meant to stay behind bathroom doors. But as I grow older and am exposed to bolder people, I find that that subject is not taboo.

My first exposure to BOLD poop talk was on Shut Up and Run's blog. Beth, the author, is just a riot, and just loves to talk about it. Now the posting I link you to is not her first, nor her last, blog about pooping. So if you like the topic, you might want to follow her blog - don't worry it's not the only thing she talks about. In fact, she's giving away some awesome Champion clothing to one lucky winner - I hope it's me, I desperately need new clothes!!

Also today, I saw a posting on FaceBook linking me to yet another article on the awful experience of having to poop while on a run. This article is all too familiar and too funny. It is titled "Everyone Poops" by Dave Milner. Jog over there and read it. If you've ever had to "go", you'll appreciate it.

To top things off I head over to Trailmomma's blog, and low and behold she has a give-away for Align. What is Align? It is a daily probiotic supplement to help you become more regular. Visit her blog to get the details.

So, is it just me, or is pooping the talk of the town? Ok, maybe not the town, but it definitely ranks up there with runners, apparently. I, too, have had my issues out on the trails, and I even talked about it once here. Not as boldly as some, but subtly as I'm not as open about the subject as others.

So if you're so inclined, and you're bold, or even not so bold, share your poopscapade in a comment below. I have found that this helps so that you know you're not alone in the poop-folly.

Hope all of you have a happy, dirty, poop-free trail run this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!! Yet so true!!! Are you really interested in Align?

    ReplyDelete