Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

February 19, 2010

Cycle down week. Shannon

It is a cycle down week for Pam and I. Pam used this time to take a trip to Florida to spend time with her family. I will enjoy my NO LONG RUN Saturday by golfing, if Mother Nature behaves herself (praying for no rain on Saturday).

However, I have struggled this week with keeping up with my training. Tuesday was great and you all read about it. But because I got home late on Tuesday, I wasn't able to get up on Wednesday. So I had a TURD day, which you already read about too.

So Thursday rolls around, and once again I'm too tired to get up (darn Olympics) and go to the gym for yoga and 4 miles, but I figure, I'm going to boot camp that night, so I'll get in a good tempo 4 miler and then boot camp. Well I wasn't able to go to boot camp because of ...... Well lets just say my loving, normally very understanding and extremely patient husband, made a few comments to the gist of "I guess I'll see you next month!"

With all this running and training, I haven't spent too much time at home. I work late one night a week. So with boot camp 2x a week, I'm gone 3 nights a week. Then when I told him it was a sew day for me today, which means I won't be home until about 9p tonight, and the fact that I'm golfing on Saturday with my friends, I think he kind of lost it!

So I made the tough decision to not go to boot camp (our last one :( )and I invited him out to the lake. He loves to fish. So while he fished I went and did a quick hilly 4 miler and then we spent the rest of the evening together.

This morning I got to do 7 miles with my friend Donna, who I haven't run with for a very long time. She is a much faster runner than I am, however, she likes to slow it down every once in a while and lets me set the pace. I had a wonderful time with her and her awesome dog, Cream!

Now I'm going to get ready and go spend time with my quilting friends and hopefully get the top done to the charity quilt I do every year for Relay for Life. Wish me luck.

Now for the fun stuff. I love give aways, even though I never win, I still try! So here's my attempt at winning what sounds like some really awesome earbuds. Shut Up and Run! is giving away Yurbuds. Apparently they are "custom" fit to your ears! How cool is that. I'm always struggling with my earbuds, so this would be really cool to win. So go check out her blog, you never know, maybe you'll win!

Happy trails.

3 comments:

  1. I understand and can relate to your battle. It honestly shouldn't "BE" a battle but unfortunately there are not 40 hours in a day (as much as I wish there were). You made a great decision to be with the hubby. Great job on your run and enjoy your down week!! I am so glad mine is over! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was my first run since Sunday. Last week I didn't run any of the weekdays either. You are not alone in your struggles to get these runs in! Truth be told it sounds like you are doing a great job juggling everything so just keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the words of support! It is always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete