Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

January 3, 2010

Weekend wrap up

Per Diane's instruction, the past week was our tapering week. Tuesday was supposed to be an easy 4 miler, but ran with the Tuesday girls (and a new guy, Randy) and ended up getting talked into a few hill repeats at Folsom lake; ran alittle over 4 miles. Wednesday was 30 minutes of easy spinning and some yoga. Thursday was our first tempo run of 4 miles. It was a pitiful run for me. I pushed and felt good, but by mile 2, Bella became annoyingly distracted by everything and my Garmin stopped working. Note to self - don't bring Bella on tempo runs. The rest of the week was resting, except for core and yoga. It was tough to not do much of anything. Sunday was our 12 mile race at Negro Bar and I felt very ready and anxious to push myself. Shannon and I did well; kept a really good pace and then the last few miles I started moving faster. In my mind I wanted to finish in 2:15, but realized that was unlikely. But prior to the last hill, my legs felt fantastic and I thought 'maybe?'. The last hill was tough and I ended up finishing in 2:28, which is great for me. I'm very proud of both of us for pushing the entire time. No bathroom breaks (except for the attempt by me in the bushes, then realizing I put my race pin thru my underwear, so that mission had to be aborted). We barely stopped at the aid stations. We were on a mission, and we completed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment