Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

January 8, 2010

OW!!!!!! Day 61 Shannon

So yesterday was a full day of exercise (well more so than normal). My training plan had me scheduled for 4 miles with Tabata thrown in. Well my Tabata turned out be more like Chabata cuz there was more cha cha than Ta Ta!

I had to do my attempt of Tabata on the hamster wheel, ya, not an easy task. As Pam described in her post, you are suppose to go as fast as you can for 20 seconds, rest for 10. Well when you crank up the treadmill to run as fast as you can, it takes almost 10 seconds for the treadmill to slow down enough for you to rest, so needless to say - NO REST. Well, listening to my body, I ended up doing 30/30. 30 seconds really fast, 30 second rest. I know Diane! When Tabata is on my schedule again, I will either find some way to get out on the trails for it, or I'll try the eliptical like Pam did.

So because I signed up for Diane's Balance Runners Bootcamp, and I knew I'd be running later in the evening, I only did 2 miles in the morning.

At 5:30p we met at Karen's bakery and a few of us bootcampers went for a 40 minute run. I buddied up with Suzie who needed to take walk breaks, which of course I had no problem with, and we were able to get in 3 miles in 40 minutes. I told her that I'd have her running the full 40 minutes by the end of the 6 week bootcamp. :) She accepted the challenge.

So that was the easy part of my exercise for the day. Next we headed to the gym for Diane's bootcamp. Now having been in Diane's bootcamps before, I knew what to expect, but of course my body wasn't prepared for it.

I will say, she took it really easy on us last night, because of newbies to her class (again I had no problem with that!), but I am still sore today. My bum and legs hurt! Especially my inner thighs, OMG! Last night's bootcamp was just the appetizer of what's to come, and all I can say is RIGHT ON! It felt good to be back in her class, working parts of the body that I tend to neglect when I'm training by myself. She ended the class with a short yoga session, which was the perfect end to the evening. Thanks Diane!

Now the only problem with this soreness is that we are scheduled to run 14 miles tomorrow, and you know that the 2nd day is always the worst when it comes to soreness. My legs are going to feel like lead. I hope I can keep up with Pam. I better bring my iPod in case I end up by myself, I'll need the company to push me back to my truck. :}

Then after we put in 14 miles on the trails tomorrow, we're going snowshoeing on Sunday. I've never snowshoed, so I'm excited, however, I know it's going to be a major leg workout, so I may not be able to walk on Monday :} MOMMY!

Get dirty this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Get some Epsom salts and treat yourself to a relaxing bath tonight. That "might" help with some of the soreness. If nothing else it should relax you tonight to prepare for tomorrows long run :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will both be screaming, mommy! sunday night! but it will be so much fun :)) I ate alot of pasta, bread, and topped it off with a piece of flourless chocolate cake tonight...can u say BLOATED? i desperately need to run it off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete