Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

January 5, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

Woke up this morning and it was still dark and I was freezing. Did NOT want to go anywhere, but had a run scheduled at 7:45. Very foggy on the drive up to Loomis, but by the time I got to the trailhead, the sun was rising and the fog was gone. It was an incredible view and I wish I had my camera. Most of the trusty tues girls (and token man, Randy) were there.

It was a fabulous run. This section of the trail is my favorite. Did about 4 miles and felt really good. I'm very happy with how strong my legs felt today, especially after a hard effort on Sunday.  Will fit in some yoga and core after seeing the PT this afternoon.

My sister's lumpectomy went well. She'll get pathology report in 2 days. Apparently the surgeon said that it all looked good and she doesn't need radiation....we are all breathing a sigh of relief, but we won't be able to fully relax until the formal results come in...Keep saying prayers for her.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're sister is doing good. I'm praying for a good report!

    I love the pic. Glad you had an awesome run this morning. Wish I could've been with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with your sister. Glad to hear the doc said all looks good though.
    You morning people amaze me! Great job fighting sleep and making it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys. she is doing pretty good.

    ReplyDelete