Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

August 8, 2010

Squaw Mountain Run 2010 - Shannon

WOW! That's it! WOW!  What more can I say about climbing 2000' in 3.5 miles on an absolutely beautiful day? WOW!

It was gorgous and hard!  This was no RUN it was a hike!  But a great hike.

Mike and Julie Giomi were kind enough to let me ride along with them and we got up there really early.  So we enjoyed a Starbucks while we waited.  Eventually it became time to go get our bibs and on our way back started running into other FTRs - woo hoo.
Julie & Mike Giomi


The start


Mike, Susan Booher, and Julie at the start line

The run/hike was tough and I got left behind as usual, but I had my iPod so I was good.  I got myself into a groove and just kept plugging my way up the hill.  It took 1 hr 11 min and I came in 29th out of 36 in my Age group and 391st out of 520 - see I'm not always last :)


The hike was so worth it.  The views were spectacular and of course the prize for making it to the top was a beer mug and beer, of course!

The awesome FTR group at the top


Me with my winnings



Till the next race, here's to you!

More pics can be seen HERE

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! This is one of my favorite runs/races. Bummed I missed it this year :( but it looks like FTR had a pretty good turnout again which is nice to see.

    ReplyDelete