Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

August 22, 2010

All for fun! Shannon

Last weekend was all about fun.  On Saturday (8-14-10), I headed to Napa with 3 of my friends to play golf at the Chardonnay Golf Course.  What a beautiful course!  Played 18 holes, not so good, but I still had a great time.  After playing we went into Napa for dinner. I didn't behave with my eating, but again, I had fun!  We got home really late which made it very hard for me to get ready for the next day.
From Left to Right, Shannon, Julie, Liz, and Patti
I can't remember the hole this was, but this was our view from the tee box down to the green.  Par 3 and we all hit the green - YEAH

The vineyards - a regular view for us on the course

Sunday (8-15-10) was all about the Tahoe Flume trail.  What a beautiful trail.  I had never been up there, so I had no idea what to expect.

I met up at 7a with Susan Booher in EDH.  We headed up 50 and made great time.  We ended up at the Spooner trailhead at just about 9a.  Pam was there waiting along with a few other FTRs.  As we all got ready, more awesome FTRs showed up.  We ended with a nice size group.
Our clue from Sue Boo to continue on this path

We took off and started with a nice downhill decent, however, that was short lived and we proceeded to hike uphill for 4.5 miles until we hit Marlette Lake.  This lake is absolutely gorgeous.  We hung out there for a bit.  Chatting and snacking.  Pam also decided to give our newest gadget a try - the Steripen.  It works great, because it's been a week and we're still alive - yeah.

As we started off again, I noticed a few guys out in the water in float tubes fishing.  So asked if they had had any luck.  One guy said he had caught too many to count. Now I know all about fish stories, I'm married to a fisherman.  So asked him if he was serious and he said he was.  (The truly neat thing about this is that the only way to the lake is to hike or bike.  They hiked in their float tubes on their bikes using a baby trailer to hold all their gear).  So as we continued on, sure enough you could see the fish in the water.  Huge trout.  Beautiful.

We soon hit the actual Flume Trail.  We had decided that we would only go out for time versus distance today, so we actually only went about a 1/4 of a mile on the Flume, but it was gorgeous.  I definately want to go back.

Of course on the way back, I really slowed down.  So I am able to see more of nature, of course, and saw this cute little guy chomping away on a nut.



And of course all of the beautiful wildflowers.
It was a beautiful day for an awesome hike/run.
And as usual, here are my beautiful toes after the run.  Aren't they gorgeous?  They sure do tell a story.

Til next time, stay dirty!

To see all the pics from the Tahoe Flume run click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in Tahoe, but didn't start running until years after I'd moved away. I love seeing your pictures and reading your posts, but DARN it makes me mad knowing all that I missed while I lived there!!

    ReplyDelete