Shannon & Pam, after months of training, officially became ultrarunners with finishing Way Too Cool 2010 (3/13/10). They continue to run the long distances as they continue to challenge themselves physically & mentally. This is where they post those triumphs and also their tribulations.

March 19, 2010

Back on the trails - Shannon

Still on a high from WTC even after 6 days. Unbelievable!

I only had soreness for a few days and last night Pam and I hit the trails again for a nice and easy 4 miler. It felt great! We went out to Brown's Ravine and met up with the FTR group. We ran in the back of the pack, as any good trail turtle does, and we were happy to run with a new FTR member and new trail runner, Lynn. She just ran her first half marathon last weekend, and too was testing her legs out after a few days of recovery.

The evening had spring time written all over it. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect, the trails are in great condition, and the company was perfect.

Tomorrow, Pam and I test our legs again by doing an easy 8 miles. We're meeting up at Twin Rocks and heading, I don't know which direction we're heading, but either way, is cool by me. One way is less hilly, but I know it will be an easy run, so a few hills won't bother me at all.

Next weekend we start our high mileage back up as we're jumping on our next 50k, Folsom Point Spring 50k happening on 4/24/10. We've got 6 weeks to prepare for it, and I'm excited. This 50k is in our backyard and we'll be able to get a lot of training out there. My main goal in the next few weeks is to get in more hill training and a lot of core work.

This week we took it easy, but it's time to get back into the 50k training mindset. Getting in the long mileage is going to be a little bit tougher this time around as golf season is back in full swing and I've got tournaments on the schedule. But I think I've worked out a pretty good plan and everything will fall into place. I'm hoping to be stronger for this next 50k. My main goal is to be able to keep up with my fellow Trail Turtle, Pam, who rocked at WTC!

Get dirty this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment